This degree aims to qualify professionals for the academic-scientific work and applied to Oceanology in Brazil.
Lines of research
Ocean Physics and Climate:
- Dynamics of Oceans and Coastal Zones;
- Antarctic Science and Oceanography of High Latitudes;
- Oceans and Climate Change;
- Applied Technologies: Instrumentation, Numerical Modeling and Remote Sensing.
Biogeochemistry, Pollution and Marine Ecosystems:
- Water Chemistry of the Sea, Carbonate System and Acidification of the Oceans;
- Physical-biological and Biogeochemistry Interactions;
- Aquatic Contamination and Ecotoxicology.
Marine and Coastal Geology:
- Environmental and Marine Geochemistry;
- Evolution and Morphodynamics of Coastal Depositary Environments;
- Paleontology, Paleoclimatology and Paleoceanography.
CAPES Score: 6
Area of Concentration: Ocean Physics and Climate; Biogeochemistry, Pollution and Marine Ecosystems; Marine and Coastal Geology